Terms of Service
Updated 30th January 2021
This document is an agreement between you and Specs, Inc. (“Spectacles” or “we”). By accessing this site or using the continuous integration and developer tools we provide (the “Service”), you agree to abide by this agreement. If you don’t abide by this agreement, we have the right to terminate or suspend your access to the Service.
1. Overview of the service
As part of the Service, Spectacles provides hosted continuous integration and developer tools that allow you to test and audit your Looker instance, including content (such as Looks and Dashboards) and LookML code.
2. Your account
- To register, you must provide us with a valid email address, password, the name of your employer or business, and other information we may require.
- You must keep your account password a secret.
- An account may only be used by a single person.
- By creating an account, you agree that you have the legal authority to bind your employer to this agreement.
- We reserve the right to terminate your account after 60 days of inactivity, but we’ll give you written notice 7 days before we do.
3. Access to third-party services
- You give us permission to access your Looker instance using Looker API keys that you supply.
- You give us permission to generate and run database queries, using the Looker API, in any data warehouses connected to your Looker instance.
- We will not access any data via the Looker API beyond what’s necessary to provide the Service.
- You agree not to hold us liable for any damages or performance impacts suffered within your Looker instance or any connected data warehouses.
- We will not store the resulting data from any Looker-run queries aside from error messages or row counts generated by them.
- We’ll provide you with technical support via email and online chat. You can expect a response within 24 hours of contacting us.
- We reserve the right to temporarily suspend the Service for the purpose of maintenance, upgrades, or other modifications deemed necessary. We’ll attempt to give you written notice, in advance, to the best of our ability.
5. Privacy and security
- Spectacles will only use your data to provide the Service as permitted in this agreement and in accordance with our security policies.
- You grant us a license to access, copy, store, process, transmit and otherwise use your data to provide the Service or for support and maintenance.
- Your free trial commences upon registration for the Service.
- During the trial period, we provide you the Service free of charge for 14 days.
- The price of your subscription is determined by the cost of the base subscription plus the number of additional workers and the number of additional projects you have added to your subscription.
- You’re responsible for paying any applicable taxes.
- At the end of the trial period, if you have provided valid payment details, we will bill you for the amount indicated by your subscription.
- At the end of the trial period, if you have not provided valid payment details, we will deactivate your account.
- You authorize us to bill your payment method, in advance, periodically based on the length of your subscription (monthly, annually).
- If you modify your subscription in the middle of a period, we will bill you immediately for the increase in cost, prorated for the remainder of the period.
- If we change the price of products in your subscription, we won’t charge you until the next period of your subscription and we’ll notify you in writing before we do so.
- All fees paid are non-refundable.
- If you cancel your subscription, we will stop billing your payment method unless you re-subscribe.
- Cancelling your subscription does not relieve you of the obligation to pay any outstanding charges.
- Spectacles may pause or cancel your subscription for any reason.
- If we cancel your subscription, we’ll refund you for the unused portion of your subscription period.
8. Acceptable use
- You won’t try to reverse engineer our source code or algorithms.
- You won’t probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network.
- You won’t modify, resell, license, or create derivative works of the Service unless specifically authorized to do so.
- You won’t take any actions that impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on us or on our third-party providers infrastructure.
- You won’t attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service, including breaching or circumnavigating security or authentication measures.
- You won’t use any automated software to scrape or crawl the website.
- You won’t harass or abuse Spectacles employees, representatives, or agents performing services on our behalf.
- You won’t use the Service for any illegal purpose.
9. Additional legal terms
- You may not assign this agreement.
- Access to the Service may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries.
- If any provision of these terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver of any term of these terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. In addition, our failure to enforce any provision of these terms shall not be deemed as a waiver of such term or otherwise affect our ability to enforce such term at any point in the future.
10. Intellectual Property
To the maximum extent allowable under applicable law, except as explicitly identified in here, you agree not to publish, re-publish, lend, license, give away, look at the software source code, modify the software source code, post to an Internet web site, or use in an automated system any intellectual property, legal materials, documents, web pages, software, products, web links, email, information, or any other materials provided by or previously provided by us or the Service, including any portion thereof (the “Service Material”) nor will you utilize Service Material in any way for the creation of an automated system or website, nor will you allow or assist a third party to do so.
When accessing the Service, you agree to obey the law and you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright, trademark and other intellectual property ownership. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit or otherwise distribute any information or content in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any content you provide or transmit or that is provided or transmitted using your account. Nothing in these terms grants you a right or license to use any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by us or any other third party except as expressly provided in these terms.
11. Warranty disclaimer
- The Service, and all materials, documents, or forms provided on or through your use of the Service are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
- We make no warranty that: a) the Service will meet your requirements; b) the Service will be available on an uninterrupted basis; c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable; or d) the quality of any service will meet your expectations.
- The use of our Service is at your own discretion and at your own risk.
12. Limited liability and indemnification
Except as prohibited by law, you will hold us and our shareholders, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage, however it arises (including attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses of litigation and arbitration, or at trial or on appeal, if any, whether or not litigation or arbitration is instituted), whether in an action of contract, negligence, or other tortious action, or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Service, including without limitation any claim for personal injury or property damage arising from your use of the Service and any violation by you of any federal state or local laws, statues, rules, or regulations, even if we have been previously advised of the possibility of such damage, except as prohibited by law.
If there is liability found on our part, it will be limited to the amount paid for the Service, and under no circumstances will there be consequential or punitive damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, so the prior limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.